With renowned Australian Artist
A FUN LIVE intensive full day for Beginners, Doodlers, Hobby Painters or Pro’s
What You Learn
How to create amazing and unique artworks without any prior experience.
- How to break out of old habits of seeing and reboot your ‘child’s eye view’.
- Fast track painting techniques – we won’t waste time on minutia, only the basics so you can get on with getting those works finished in a day.
- Tips on colour and composition as we go, on the fly; no deep technical stuff today.
- You can’t make a mistake – in this workshop there is no such thing! In fact mistakes are usually our breakthroughs in this method. They are an imperative.
This workshop is all about getting back in touch with how to use your own imagination as a guide to creating images. It will invigorate and inspire you. I will show you how with demonstrations and then help you apply the techniques yourself. Even if you have never painted before you will gain much from this day. In a supportive and strictly non-competitive environment – we have fun, play and doodle our way into brilliant results! Even if you already paint a little, or even sell the occasional work, you will come away with some fresh and exciting ideas. There is no particular ‘subject’, we are learning about – such as landscapes, portraits or animals etc. The subjects will automatically evolve as we go. That is the magic part. You do not need to know how to draw to do this. That’s right, not even a straight line! There is however a process and structure which I will teach you so you can complete your artworks.
“You will discover some pretty amazing things residing in your unconscious – of that I am sure. People are simmering with genius, and all they need is a key to unlock it” Helen Norton
I held this very exclusive workshop with a group of Jungian analysts some years ago in Sydney as a method of exploring personal inner narratives. In our Fremantle gallery/studio we conducted the workshop with a group of non painters to create a huge mural with great success.
“I didn’t know I had these images in my head. I have been teaching people to delve into their unconscious for decades and yet in one morning I felt like a real artist” – David, Sydney
What You Take Home
- Four unique paintings which you will create yourself
- A handful of your own experimental ‘paint sketches’
- Info sheets which outline the process so you can continue to practice at home if so inspired
- An understanding of how to go on surprising yourself and tapping into your inner resources
- A special little gallery gift bag with some small Helen Norton artwork items
What do you need to bring?
- Primarily – a sense of humour
- An open mind
- A packed lunch or grab a bite at a nearby cafe on our lunch break
- Wear comfy clothes that don’t mind a splash of paint.
- Note pad and pen – if you wish.
What we supply?
- All painting materials/equipment/easels and an apron
- Endless coffee tea making facilities (bring your own special herbal teas).
- Toilet facilities
- A fantastic day
Who can come?
- Great for absolute beginners, dabblers, hobby painters or even professional painters
- This workshop is not designed for young children; however, young adults and mature teens are welcome.
Where is it?
- Norton Art Gallery, 16 Haynes St, Kalamunda WA Ph: 0488 015 978
Kalamunda is in the Perth Hills – about 30 mins drive from Perth city.
- Sunday 20th March 2016 30am – 5.00pm
- Monday 28th March 2016 (Easter Monday) 9.30am – 5.00pm
- Sunday 10th April 2016 (School holidays) 9.30am – 5.00pm
- Limited places available in each workshop – so bookings are essential.
- Price for full day (includes all art materials) - $360 per person.
- Gift vouchers are available upon request.
Any further questions? Drop us a line or give us a call on the above numbers!
About The Artist - Helen Norton
Narration is the backbone of Australian artist Helen Norton’s work with a history of over 30 years of exhibiting successfully in Australia and overseas in over 60 solo shows. Norton believes an artist’s work should evolve and grow as proof of an artist remaining creative. Taking risks, stepping outside the comfort zone on image creation, and using image as a language for story telling are all part of her philosophy. Helen has won many awards and completed major commissions including Qantas Inflight and Club magazine covers. A recent body of her contemporary abstract work ‘ A World Affair’ was featured as a major window installation in the Perth Fashion Festival in the Trustee building in Brookfield Plaza home of BHP Billiton the largest mining company in the world. Her works have been supporting major animal welfare and other charities across Australia for the past 10 years.
- We are considering a number of other exciting creative workshops in the near future. We would love your suggestions and ideas ranging from good days, times for workshops and even subjects of interest in the arts if you wish to drop us an email at email@example.com